ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Course
Participants will gain an understanding of the ISO 22301 requirements and learn how to implement a business continuity management system. On completion of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ISO 22301 specification for business continuity management in South Africa
- Communicate the requirements for ISO 22301 compliance
- Plan the implementation of an ISO 22301 compliant business continuity management system
- Assist an organization implement the necessary ISO 22301 processes for business continuity management
- Assess the extent an organization adheres to the ISO 22301 specification.
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples how to design and implement business continuity planning in accordance with the ISO 22301 requirements for business continuity management.
This seminar includes topics about:
- Overview of the ISO/IEC 22301 specification
- The scope and purpose of a business continuity management system
- Defining a business continuity policy and framework for setting objectives, regulatory compliance and risk management
- Understanding an organization’s business continuity requirements
- Developing and implementing a business continuity management system
- Recognising current capability in business continuity management
- Adopting a process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an organisation's business continuity arrangements.
- Using the "Plan-Do-Check-Act" (PDCA) model to structure all business continuity processes
- Implementing and operating controls to manage an organization's business continuity risks in the context of the organization’s overall business risks;
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance and effectiveness of the business continuity management system
- Continual improvement based on objective measurement.
- Essential document and records management.